Sunday 14 October 2007

OMG what a great day..........

Patch's Place and I headed to the Patchwork and Needlecraft Expo........
This is the best shop at the Patchwork and Needlecraft Expo...........of course it is Cottage on the Hill from Nundle - Oh I spent way to much money here but I did have 10% off so that softened the blow a little (next post the shopping) Some of the Quilt Club ladies...........it was so exciting to meet them in person.........lots of chatter.......Here are more of the Quilt Club ladies - Happy In Quilting and Day-Day's Blog are both here with Patch's Place and Dragonfly...........
Here are some of the quilts hanging around.........all these are antiques except for the bottom right 2 - they are other quilts hanging around that i really liked......
My favourites of the antique quilts were the centre pic and the bottom left quilt...........the bottom left one was found in a second hand shop in the Katoomba for $15..........I love it..........
We also met Jelly Wares at the Expo.........we talked very brieftly then we could not find her when we left..........went and dropped Dragonfly home and had to quickly get some fruit and veg and ran into her at the shopping centre...........alas she came down to McDonalds and had lunch with us.........a quick phone call to Dragonfly and she was there in a flash............we chatted for about an hour it was great.............(to get us all in the one pic I cut Dragonfly out of another and pasted her beside us)..............
............I have just had the best time.............it has been just wonderful to meet some other bloggers as there are not many in my neck of the woods althought I have converted a few and hope soon that Gone Gardening goes public............she already helps do this blog but it is a group so would be great if she had her own...............I would visit all the time.............
........to top the weekend off we picked up Patch's Place - quilt from the quilt lady and man it looks great..............it feels special to me as it was the one she made this year at our Nundle retreat
...........next the shopping.......take care.........

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

More stolen pics I see, I will steal your pic with Peg in it so we're even.
Love your story. Must do it again soon somewhere.

Leanne said...

Sounds like a good day was had by all.

Tazzie said...

What a fun time you had! I really love those vintage quilts!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Lily Mulholland said...

Sounds like a really fabulous day Donna!

chook said...

so glad you had a fun day love the pics.
hugs Beth

May Kristin said...

What a fun day you girls had! Look forward to see what you brought home!

Jeanne said...

It sounds and looks like so much fun!
Glad you could all meet up and enjoy the time together. Looking forward to the goodies pictured, too.

jodie said...

I like the quilt centre top in the collage. It looks like hexagons set to look like tumbling blocks, is it? I like the idea, bit of a hexagon nut here! Glad you had such a great time.

Jodie

Gone Gardening said...

Was really great to meet you and the other girls on the weekend. I was only disappointed that I didn't have more time there. Thanks for the blog encouragement - I am thinking about it ... a lot! And you will forever be remembered by me as the woman who found the Amy Butler fat quarters for $2 - what a legend. Bought heaps & have absolutely no idea what I'll do with them! Best wishes, Ros.

Angela said...

OH my what a wonderful time you all must have had!! So great to have quilty/crafty friends to make all the memories with.